[Cocotb] examples/mean

Luke Darnell luke.darnell at broadcom.com
Thu Feb 1 01:48:35 CET 2018

Hi Dave,

examples/mean didn't run for me using SIM=ius.
But example/mix_language does.

We use cocotb on large mixed language designs with great success, at least
with the commercial simulators.

Not sure on the support for mixed-langauge designs in the open source tools.

These slides seem to indicate that icarus has at least some support for
vhdl:
https://archive.fosdem.org/2015/schedule/event/icarus_vhdl/attachments/slides/766/export/events/attachments/icarus_vhdl/slides/766/slides.pdf

Luke