[Cocotb] The future of Cocotb

Marek Ciepłucha mciepluc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 14:44:34 CEST 2018

Hi Chris, and All,

Thank you for the update.

As we are using Cocotb as a verification tool in my current company, it
will be manageable to arrange some time "officially" to contribute the
work.
Therefore we would love to contribute as well.
We could take Python part (./cocotb), as it will be most extensively used
in the team. Also we can prepare more detailed documentation of the
existing features.

Regarding external packages incl. coverage, I agree. However there is a
discussion needed what should be the Cocotb "core" package. For example, if
Scoreboard should belong to this package, as it also can be implemented
different ways. Also there are some bus-specific BFMs in the package which
may not be generic enough to fit everyone's requirements. I would recommend
to also make them rather external.
What do you think?

Marek

śr., 26 wrz 2018 o 12:22 David Stanford <david.stanford at gmail.com>