[Cocotb] cocotb tutorial at WOSH in Zurich (June

Philipp Wagner lists at philipp-wagner.com
Thu Mar 7 14:39:35 CET 2019

Hi cocotb enthusiasts,

we got the offer to host a half-day cocotb tutorial session at the Week
of Open Source Hardware (WOSH) in Zurich and I'm looking for interested
people to help out: do you have lecture/tutorial material on cocotb that
we could (re-)use or build on top of? Do you want to present or help out
in giving the tutorial or working on the tutorial materials?

About the event: The WOSH starts with the RISC-V workshop on Tuesday and
Wednesday, which attracts a large number of people, and continues on
Thursday and Friday with tutorials and talks about the wider open source
hardware ecosystem. Having cocotb there is a great opportunity to
showcase it to a wider audience. You can find a preliminary program at
https://fossi-foundation.org/wosh/.

Audience: I'd expect the audience being mostly hardware engineers with
no or little cocotb knowledge.

Logistics: We have a half-day afternoon slot at Thursday, June 13 and a
computer lab with 20-30 Linux computers available. With up to two people
at each computer we can accommodate for up to 50 people.

Next steps: please get back to me if you want to help out in any
capacity, or if you have slides or other material that we could reuse.
We'll then figure out how to share the work. I hope we can make the
tutorial available to anyone after the event to serve as a starting
point for people giving tutorials on cocotb in the future, e.g. within
their company or university.