[Librecores Discussion] Announcement: LibreCores Student Design Contest

Stefan Wallentowitz stefan at wallentowitz.de
Thu Apr 28 13:40:43 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

the FOSSi foundation launches an annual student design contest, which
will run for the first time this year. You can find the full
announcement here: http://librecores.org/designcontest

As this is the first run, we are open to any kind of submission:
Undergraduate or PhD project, a hardware design or useful tool, etc.

The focus of this design contest is beyond the actual design, excellent
entries should be open, reusable and useful. Especially aspects like
documentation, quick start, testbenches, etc. are valuated highly in
this contest.

The best entries will be granted travel grants to this years ORCONF
where they can present their work in a lightning talk and during a
poster session.

We are still fixing a jury of industry experts, but people from large
semiconductor and EDA companies have already agreed to be part of it.

If you are interested to participate, please be invited to submit your
work since last October to our mail address or ask for feedback on a new
project on this list.

Thanks go to our academic partners that help us with organization of
this contest.

Looking forward to great student projects!

Best regards,
Stefan