[Librecores Discussion] UI change proposal for LibreCores.org

Amitosh Swain Mahapatra amitosh.swain at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 18:48:17 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

As the part of my GSoC Project, I am now retrieving and displaying
many metrics extracted from the code, which has crowded the section
showing all the metrics.

Therefore, I am proposing some changes to the project display layout.

Objectives:

1. To make the most important project metrics prominent and make sure
it is displayed first.
2. Convenience to mobile users.
3. Make the metrics section, (the "datasheet") clean and less crowded.

I have attached some hand-drawn sketches that demonstrate some of the
changes I am proposing.

Mobile.jpg and mobile2.jpg show two different scroll positions.

Moving key info like, project homepage link, license, language and
last activity to the top, so that it can be easily spotted and is the
first metrics displayed on small screens.

Making the create project and create organization links more obvious.

For large screens, we can place the search bar in the nav-bar, instead
of making the user to click on a specific link to access the search
page.

Please provide your inputs about this.

--
Amitosh S.