[Librecores Discussion] 6 projects in Google Summer of Code 2017

Martin d'Anjou martin.danjou14 at gmail.com
Sat May 6 17:01:12 CEST 2017

On 17-05-06 10:46 AM, Stefan Wallentowitz wrote:
> On 06.05.2017 16:41, Martin d'Anjou wrote:
>
>> Can you or Stefan please explain the relationship between librecores and
>> yosys with regards to this GSoC project?
> We are friends and strongly support Clifford's work.
Great!
> About the mailing lists, what do people think? I know there are many
> people following this mailing list, but not much activity mostly. I
> suppose people would be nagged by lengthy 1-on-1 discussions about
> implementation details. Maybe gitter or so would be better suited.
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan

IMO, students should introduce themselves on this mailing list, with a
specific "[GSoC2017] Project Name" subject. They could use this as their
own thread for announcing milestones, blog posts, etc. I prefer detailed
discussions to also be held in public, and gitter is a good choice to me.

What did you do last year? What do others think?

Martin