[Librecores Discussion] [GSoC2017] Integration of OpenRISC Linux Port into OpTiMSoC

Pedro H. Penna pedrohenriquepenna at gmail.com
Tue May 9 03:49:02 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm Pedro H. Penna from Brazil, and my GSoC '17 is to integrate the
OpenRISC Linux
port into OpTiMSoC, an open-framework that allows one to design and
prototype
manycore-based platforms on FPGA devices.

The overall idea of this project is to build a manycore configuration
with a host
tile, port OpenRISC Linux into it, write some NoC drivers, and finally
make Linux
talk to Gzll kernels running on Computing Tiles via message-passing.

My first task is to setup a virtual machine using QEMU and get the
current OpenRISC
Linux port running into it. Initially, we are planning to rely on this
tool to
simulate the Host Tile.

[1] https://optimsoc.org/

Cheers,

--
Pedro H. Penna

MSc. Student in Computer Science
Federal University of Santa Catarina (UFSC)
Distributed Systems Research Laboratory (LaPeSD)

Homepage <https://sites.google.com/view/ppenna> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/pedrohenriquepenna> | ResearchGate
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Pedro_Henrique_Penna> | GitHub
<https://github.com/ppenna>