[Librecores Discussion] No solderpad or licensing mailing list?

Tim 'mithro' Ansell me at mith.ro
Tue Dec 24 10:44:22 CET 2019

The SolderPad license is not detected by GitHub at the moment which is
because the licensee tool (https://github.com/licensee/licensee) does not
detect the license. To support being detected someone needs to finish the
pull request I just started at
https://github.com/github/choosealicense.com/pull/705 -- while trying to
put together that pull request I discovered the following;

 a) It's almost impossible to find a detect plain text version of the
license. The Apache 2.0 has https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt but
I can't seem to find the equivalent for SolderPad? The best I could find
was at
https://github.com/spdx/license-list-data/blob/master/text/SHL-0.51.txt --
It would be good if just adding .txt to the end of the current license URLs
got you a nicely formatted plain text version.

 b) People are just including the copyright header in their LICENSE file
rather than the full license text in their repositories.

 c) The website needs a links to popular projects using the license which
demonstrate the proper way to add the license text.

 d) The website doesn't have any contact or other information on how to ask
questions, make suggestions or anything similar around the license.

Thanks!

Tim 'mithro' Ansell