[Librecores Discussion] FOSS and proprietary FPGA verification as a service

Philipp Wagner mail at philipp-wagner.com
Wed Aug 26 15:37:44 CEST 2020

Am 26.08.20 um 13:30 schrieb Christian Svensson:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Philipp and Jean.
>
> It's not the state I hoped for but you seem to be considering it in a
> good way.

Well, it's at least moving :-)

At the same time, open source EDA is picking up rapidly, which avoids
all those tedious licensing and availability discussions.

On the simulation front, Verilator is fantastic both in features it
currently supports and in development speed.

For FPGA development, Symbiflow is getting better every day, with Xilinx
7-series devices being more and more supported.

Verible is filling a gap that no commercial tool has addressed so far
(to my knowledge), style lint. Verible together with Verilator lint
gives a rather solid lint/static analysis solution.

And finally Yosys and symbiyosys are there for your synthesis and formal
needs.