[Librecores Discussion] Cocotb 1.5.0rc1 is available for testing. We need your help with it!

Philipp Wagner mail at philipp-wagner.com
Tue Feb 23 01:22:24 CET 2021

Hi cocotb enthusiasts,

The first release candidate of the next version of cocotb, cocotb
1.5.0rc1 is available for testing.

You can download this version from PyPi as usual, e.g. with

pip3 install --upgrade "cocotb==1.5.0rc1"

Go to https://docs.cocotb.org/en/latest/install.html for full
installation instructions.

Please go and test this pre-release with your code and in your
environment. Cocotb works with many simulators in many environments,
many of which we don't even have access to.

If you experience problems with this release, please file an issue at
https://github.com/cocotb/cocotb/issues/new

Release notes can be found at
https://docs.cocotb.org/en/latest/release_notes.html. The 1.4.0 release
will contain a huge amount of changes which have been developed over the
last half year. I'm sure the release notes will have something good in
there for all of you.

If nothing unexpected comes up in testing we plan to release the final
version of cocotb 1.5.0 within the next two weeks.

on behalf of the cocotb maintainers