[Librecores Discussion] GSoC project 2nd mentor needed

William Jones william.jones at embecosm.com
Fri Feb 26 19:07:55 CET 2021

We had some very useful feedback from Jonathan Balkind regarding the two
GSOC proposals Embecosm were suggesting (see the pull request here
https://github.com/fossi-foundation/fossi-foundation.github.io/pull/45)

We've updated the proposed projects with the following in mind:
 - We've adjusted down the scope, since GSOC will only be 6 weeks instead
of 12 this year
 - We've cleared up the distinction between the two projects. One is to
synthesise the existing work in an FPGA, the other is to repeat the
approach on another core compatible with the open source synthesis tool
suite, Yosys.
- We've clarified the issue of students obtaining an FPGA and EDA tools

Any further feedback would be very welcome, as would any volunteer second
mentors with FPGA experience.

Best,
William

--
AI & Machine Learning Engineer
Embecosm
Email: william.jones at embecosm.com
Twitter: @WillRogerJones
PGP Key: 4096R/51916BAE3A4E34AD 2019-08-01