[Embench] Embench meeting/call 21 October 2019 (corrected date)

Jeremy Bennett jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
Sat Oct 12 22:21:28 CEST 2019


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi all,

A correction to the subject line - our meeting is of course on Monday
21 October.


Jeremy

On 12/10/19 13:19, Jeremy Bennett wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> A reminder that our next regular meeting of the Embench group will
> be on Monday, 21 October, 8-10am California time.
> 
> We will meet using the same Zoom details as before. Please email me
> if you do not have them - I am reluctant to post details on an
> open mailing list. Note that I'm on vacation this week, but will
> get information to you by 20 October.
> 
> Agenda ======
> 
> 1. GitHub pull requests -----------------------
> 
> We have two pull requests for reviewing
> 
> The first is a trivial clean up of the python code. I'd appreciate 
> someone just double checking it is good:
> 
> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/pull/13
> 
> The other is a significant contribution to fix problems with
> floating point in some of the benchmarks
> 
> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/pull/14
> 
> Again, I'd appreciate feedback.
> 
> 2. Website analytics --------------------
> 
> Update from Cesare Garlati
> 
> 3. Update on benchmarks -----------------------
> 
> Jon Taylor and Cesare Garlati to update on crypto benchmarks.
> 
> Jon Taylor's work with Embench and arm has identified a number of 
> problems with floating point in the benchmarks (even though these
> are integer benchmarks, there is a small amount of floating point).
> This has been discussed on the mailing list, leading to the pull
> request mentioned above.
> 
> Ofer Shinaar has identified a possible source of a Bluetooth LE
> benchmark.
> 
> Jeremy Bennett to report on progress porting the context switch 
> benchmark to arm.
> 
> 4. EEMBC process ----------------
> 
> Peter Torelli to update.
> 
> I received comments at the recent ORConf meeting on the need for a 
> credible organization to be able to validate Embench results.
> 
> 5. Process and documentation ----------------------------
> 
> Jon Taylor and Dave Patterson to report on progress with
> documentation.
> 
> 6. Publicity ------------
> 
> All to report on speaking and other publicity opportunities.
> 
> Jeremy Bennett presented Embench at the GNU Tools Cauldron in
> Montreal and ORConf in Bordeaux. On both occasions, the
> presentation was well received and there were many questions. The
> ORConf meeting featured some challenging questions over the choice
> of geomean/geosd.
> 
> 7. More data ------------
> 
> Any reports on new data points.
> 
> 8. Next meeting ---------------
> 
> We meet regularly on the third Thursday of each month 8-10am 
> California time. Our next meeting will be Monday 18 November.
> 
> 9. AOB ------
> 
> Best wishes,
> 
> 
> Jeremy Vice chair
> 
> 

- -- 
Tel: +44 (1590) 610184
Cell: +44 (7970) 676050
SkypeID: jeremybennett
Twitter: @jeremypbennett
Email: jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
Web: www.embecosm.com
PGP key: 1024D/BEF58172FB4754E1 2009-03-20
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iEYEARECAAYFAl2iNcUACgkQvvWBcvtHVOGXPACgg8zvdn/5c7w04kOVN7ewghK1
ZuwAnjFQalbS/g84y73nDdpdJQE8u8Nn
=OnEi
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



More information about the Embench mailing list