[Embench] Embench meeting/call 10 August 2020

Jeremy Bennett jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
Mon Aug 10 15:54:14 CEST 2020

On 10/08/2020 14:38, Stefan Wallentowitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot make it today, but was wondering if we want to have a
> regular update posted on the website? Release notes and links to
> video recordings of talks and news articles might be a cheap start
> for content, right?

Hi Stefan,

Yes. Bottleneck is me learning how to drive a YAML based website :-(
Would be delighted if anyone else could pick this up.

Sorry you won't be on the call.

Thanks,

Jeremy

> [...]
>>
>> ACTION: Jeremy to set up repository, with Ray as co-owner for FP
>> Embench - complete
>>
>> ACTION: Jeremy to reissue 10 August invitation. - complete
>>
>> 2. GitHub pull requests -----------------------
>>
>> - From embench-iot:
>>
>> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/pull/75 - adds missing
>> prerequsite to documentation - merged. - thanks to Jeremy Bennett
>> for the fix
>>
>> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/pull/80 - remove Python
>> 3.6 dependency when checking version - merged - thanks to Nidal
>> Faour for the fix
>>
>> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/pull/82 - make scripts
>> work with older versions of Python - rejected - previous design
>> decision to use Python 3.6 - thanks to Nidal Faour proposing this
>> solution
>>
>> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/pull/5 - resolves issue
>> #84 - under revision - thanks to Roger Shepherd for the fix
>>
>> - From embench-iot-results:
>>
>> None
>>
>> 3. New GitHub issues --------------------
>>
>> - From embench-iot:
>>
>> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/issues/76 - parameter
>> value priority order is unclear - the structure of config files
>> needs cleaning up - thanks to Roger Shepherd for raising this
>>
>> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/issues/77 - -gc-sections
>> is -dead-strip in the Apple linker - this issue will largely go
>> away when we get rid of dummy libs - any residual documentation
>> should be updated. - thanks to Roger Shepherd for raising this
>>
>> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/issues/78 - documentation
>> incorrectly says --chip and --board are mandatory - bug in the
>> documentation to be fixed. - thanks to Roger Shepherd for raising
>> this
>>
>> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/issues/81 - native target
>> truncates time measurements - appears to be a bug in
>> run_native.py - thanks to Samuel Obuch for raising this
>>
>> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/issues/83 - error in
>> logging failed command when running benchmarks - but
>> benchmark_speed.py - thanks to Samuel Obuch for raising this
>>
>> https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/issues/84 - unclear naming
>> convention for Python modules in benchmark_speed.py - bug in the
>> documentation - thanks to Roger Shepherd for raising this
>>
>> - From embench-iot-results:
>>
>> None
>>
>> 4. Update on benchmarks -----------------------
>>
>> Roger Shepherd will report on his progress with benchmarking
>> other platforms.
>>
>> 5. Publicity ------------
>>
>> We were unfortunately not accepted for Arm TechCon
>>
>> Jeremy Bennett is speaking at VSDOpen in October, a conference
>> for students in India. Although the talk has quite a broad
>> abstract, it will use Embench as an example of the bridge between
>> hardware and software in open source.
>>
>> 6. Embench 0.6 --------------
>>
>> There is an ongoing shared document to add potential programs for

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tC0LXZRYeyoSRTM9aXtapzx3sA00vfFcL9QjOxU3vzQ

This has been updated with the candidate programs from BEEBS.

Email: jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com