[Embench] Embench meeting/call 9 Mar 2020 (NOTE date change)

Jeremy Bennett jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
Tue Mar 3 18:14:41 CET 2020


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi all,

Our next regular meeting of the Embench group will be on Monday, 9
March, 8-10am California time.

NOTE: This is a change, since our Chair, David Patterson is speaking
at a conference on the originally advertised date.

We will meet using the same Zoom details as before. Please email me if
you do not have them - I am reluctant to post details on an open
mailing list.

Agenda
======

1. Actions from previous meeting
- --------------------------------

ACTION: Jeremy Bennett to merge pull request 33 from Paolo Savini.
- - Complete

ACTION: Jeremy Bennett to progress better website analytics with
Stefan Wallentowitz.
- - In progress.

ACTION: Jeremy Bennett to meet with Peter Torelli of EEMBC at Embedded
World
- - Complete

ACTION: Jeremy Bennett to merge documentation updates from David
Patterson and Jon Taylor.
- - Complete

ACTION: Jeremy Bennett to investigate channels for press release for
Embedded World.
- - Complete

ACTION: Dave Patterson to prepare a paper for HotChips in August 2020.
- - In progress: To address after Embedded World (deadline 23 March)

ACTION: Jon Taylor to advise when to submit proposal to speak at Arm
TechCon in autumn 2020.
- - Ongoing

2. GitHub pull requests
- -----------------------

The following pull request has been submitted:

https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/pull/49
- - Update ARC GCC target
- - Thanks to Claudiu Zissulescu for this patch

3. New GitHub issues
- --------------------

https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/issues/39
- - Question of which repository should hold support files
- - Suggestion that external repositories could be OK if properly
version controlled to allow others to reproduce results.
- - Thanks to Greg Chadwick of the Ibex/OpenTitan project for raising
the issue.

https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/issues/40
- - benchmark_size.py does not correctly compute size if multiple text
sections are present.
- - this appears to be a bug - assigned to Jeremy Bennett
- - Thanks to Tilakbg90 for raising the issue.

https://github.com/embench/embench-iot/issues/47
- - some native benchmark results are wrong on MIPS
- - needs more diagnosis - could be a bug in the native target
- - Thanks to lidija-b for raising the issue.

4. Website analytics
- --------------------

Update from Cesare Garlati
Jeremy Bennett will report on progress with Stefan Wallentowitz on
obtaining better website data (action in progress from previous meeting).

5. EEMBC process
- ----------------

Jeremy Bennett will report on his meeting with Peter Torelli at
Embedded World.

6. Update on benchmarks
- -----------------------

Support for the new baseline, using the Cortex M4 processor was
committed in time for the Embench 0.5 release.

After including the documentation updates from Jon Taylor and David
Patterson, the repository was tagged as embench-0.5. The source code
is available as a ZIP or compressed tar download for those not wishing
to do battle with git.

All future development on the master branch will be towards Embench
0.6, with a goal of reaching Embench 1.0 before the end of the year.

A new version of the embench-iot-results repository is in progress to
allow results to be captured.

7. Process and documentation
- ----------------------------

Updates from Jon Taylor and David Patterson were merged into the
repository prior to the Embench 0.5 release.

8. Publicity
- ------------

Jeremy Bennett will report on the launch of Embench at Embedded World.
The launch was covered exclusively by Electronics Weekly:

https://www.electronicsweekly.com/news/embench-launch-embedded-world-2020-02/

The meeting will consider what (if anything) to submit to Hot Chips -
deadline is 23 March.

9. Next meeting
- ---------------

We currently meet regularly on the third Monday of each month 8-10am
California time. Our future meetings will be
- - Mon 20 Apr 2020
- - Mon 18 May 2020
- - Mon 15 Jun 2020
- - Mon 20 Jul 2020
- - Mon 17 Aug 2020
- - Mon 21 Sep 2020
- - Mon 19 Oct 2020
- - Mon 16 Nov 2020
- - Mon 21 Dec 2020

We have agreed to consider how frequently we wish to meet going forward.

I've been created a calendar entry for our regular attendees,
to provide automated reminders. Please ask if you wish to be added to
this.

10. AOB
- -------

Best wishes,


Jeremy Bennett
Vice chair

- -- 
Cell: +44 (7970) 676050
SkypeID: jeremybennett
Twitter: @jeremypbennett
Email: jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
Web: www.embecosm.com
PGP key: 1024D/BEF58172FB4754E1 2009-03-20
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iF0EARECAB0WIQRASGDWqmhRZUfAaPW+9YFy+0dU4QUCXl6QfgAKCRC+9YFy+0dU
4eZ1AJ0Yn9JRahyykCiIqlIA1stlGcLeGQCfSUzb+C/GOrp5EvJkuasDUK/TTV8=
=3NLA
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



More information about the Embench mailing list