[Embench] Sourcing the Embench reference board

Jeremy Bennett jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
Mon May 11 14:56:20 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I had an action at our last meeting to give details on where the
reference board used for Embench could be obtained. The board is the
STM32F4DISCOVERY kit with the STM32F407VGT6 microcontroller which
contains a Arm Cortex-M4 with FPU (we disable the FPU when benchmarking
with Embench).

You can obtain the board direct from ST:

  https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32f4discovery.html

But it is also widely available from other suppliers, including
Farnell, RS Electronics, Mouser and several suppliers on Amazon, for
example:

https://uk.farnell.com/stmicroelectronics/stm32f407g-disc1/dev-board-foundation-line-mcu/dp/2506840
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/processor-microcontroller-development-kits/9107951/
https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/STMicroelectronics/STM32F407G-DISC1?qs=mKNKSX85ZJejxc9JOGT45A%3D%3D
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01I71YE4Q

I'll update the documentation in due course, to help others find the
board in future.

Email: jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com