[Embench] New metrics for Embench results - Base/Peak and Speed/Rate
Ofer.Shinaar at wdc.com
Wed Mar 3 12:46:58 CET 2021
I would like to bring to the forum a suggestion on including more results metrics as we have on SPEC
1. Include metric fo Base and Peak:
- SPEC url or explanation: https://www.spec.org/cpu2017/Docs/overview.html#Q16
- Currently, we can say we only have "Base", on IoT results.
- Having "Peak" will give us a possibility to expose more compiler flags that can boost performance, and we can publish results + links to tools that can "find the best set of compiler flags"
Example for work done by Craig Blackmore (from Embecosm):
2. Include metric for Speed and Rate
- SPEC url for explanation: https://www.spec.org/cpu2017/Docs/overview.html#Q15
- On the embedded space, sometimes throughput is more important than "time". Those days we can start seeing IoT cores /MCUs that have a multithreaded design.
Also, we see emerging multithreading designs for RISCV. On those designs rate for throughput will be more important than Time.
Senior Manager, R&D Engineering - Firmware & Toolchain, CTO Group
Israel, Migdal Tefen 24959, P.O Box 3
Email: Ofer.shinaar at wdc.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Embench