[Embench] WD code size test cases to Embench

Jeremy Bennett jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com
Sun Mar 21 11:56:12 CET 2021

On 21/03/2021 10:51, Nidal Faour wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I will to start porting code size test cases created by WD to the
> Embench github.
>
> I have some questions regarding the process:
>
>  1. where do you think I should put these? Under which repository?

Hi Nidal,

If they are candidates for Embench IoT 2.0, then they should be
pull-requests against embench-iot. If they are candidates for Embench
DSP, then please liaise with Ray Simar, but they should be in the
embench-dsp repository.

>  2. These test cases are meant for measuring code size only, therefore
>     they may or may not run in order to measure performance. How should
>     I deal with this?

You need to make them executable and self-checking. This is an important
feature of Embench.

They should be suitable for all architectures within the limitations of
the particular benchmark suite. For example Embench IoT tests should
work on architectures where int is 16-bits and there is at least 64kB of
memory.

HTH,

Jeremy

Email: jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com