[Embench] WD Code size compiler tests

Nidal Faour Nidal.Faour at wdc.com
Sun May 2 12:57:08 CEST 2021

Hi all,
I would like to have your opinion about opening a new repo under the Embench to hold the test cases done by WD. (located at the following link)
https://github.com/westerndigitalcorporation/riscv32-Code-density-test-bench

My suggestion is to have a new repo to hold these tests and labeled “compiler benchmark” or whatever better name you may suggest.
Also, I think it would be better to add a new column labeled “Compiler” to the Embench Baseline Data slide to emphasize that these tests are made to test the compiler maturity for the specific target.
Just to remind you, here is the Baseline Data table I’m referring to as an example that I took from one of Jeremy's presentations. (see the last column I’ve added)

Name
Comments
Orig Source
C LOC
code size
data size
time (ms)
branch
memory
compute
Compiler
aha-mont64
Montgomery multiplication
AHA
162
1,072
0
4,004
low
low
high

crc32
CRC error checking 32b
MiBench
101
284
1,024
4,010
high
med
low

cubic
Cubic root solver
MiBench
125
1,584
0
3,831
low
med
med

Best Regards,

Nidal Faour
Staff Engineer, R&D Engineering – Firmware & Toolchain, CTO Group

Western Digital®
Migdal Tefen 24959, P.O Box 3
Email: nidal.faour at wdc.com<mailto:nidal.faour at wdc.com>
Office: +972-4-9078756