[Embench] Adding WD compiler test-cases to Embench

Pavel Tikhonov pavel.tikhonov at wdc.com
Sun Nov 14 15:10:56 CET 2021

Hi All,

I would like to engage into an action item related to creating a new repo for compiler test-cases following Jun MM<https://github.com/embench/embench-meetings/blob/1e24f77b051ec47357d802756729e62b23573001/meetings/2021/2021-06-21-minutes.md#test-cases-benchmark>.

I would like to add WD benchmarks for compilers to Embench. It will be a new repo on Embench github (probably named embench/compiler-code-density, but I am sure there is a better name).

For the most part, it will follow https://github.com/westerndigitalcorporation/riscv32-Code-density-test-bench, including build methodology.

A python script will run to all the test cases and produce dump files.

I am starting with GCC and LLVM for RISC-V. If the resulting code is not executed (which is reasonable for code-density benchmarks), adding ARM to the test cases is relatively easy.

It would be great to discuss these issues tomorrow.

Best

Pavel Tikhonov
R&D Engineering - Firmware & Toolchain, CTO Group

Western Digital(r)
Israel, Migdal Tefen 24959, P.O Box 3
Email: pavel.tikhonov at wdc.com<mailto:pavel.tikhonov at wdc.com>
Office: +972-4-9078716