[Open SoC Debug] Overview document

Tim Newsome tim at sifive.com
Mon Feb 1 20:31:15 CET 2016

Hi Stefan,

This looks like a nice clean design overall.

I have one big question: how do you deal with buffer on the host interface
module filling up? If it's talking over JTAG and eg. all cores hit a
breakpoint at the same time, you might need to buffer one message from each
core. (You actually mention this in the context of trace, but there you
accept the message being dropped.)

Tim

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 2:15 AM, Stefan Wallentowitz <stefan at wallentowitz.de>