[Open SoC Debug] GSoC project to improve soft-CPU debugging in LiteX + MiSoC

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Fri Jul 21 13:07:31 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

Resurrecting this old thread.

We are currently trying to get Linux running on LiteX on real hardware but
running into problems with strange lockups. Everything works on our QEMU
simulation, which makes it harder to figure out what is going on.

Having a debugging interface working would make things vastly easier!

Hence I'm trying to figure out what my best plan of attack is. The two
options are;
 (a) Resurrecting my previously working (but horribly Jacky) adv_debug_sys
stuff
 (b) Do something with OSD.

It's my understanding that Wallento is extremely busy at the moment
(finishing a PhD?). Where has the OSD stuff gotten too?

Tim 'mithro' Ansell