[Open SoC Debug] GSoC project to improve soft-CPU debugging in LiteX + MiSoC

Philipp Wagner philipp.wagner at tum.de
Fri Mar 17 13:51:08 CET 2017

On 03/17/2017 12:26 AM, Tim Ansell wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry about the slow response.
>
> What is the current status of OpenSoCDebug? How much is currently
> implemented? Can you use it to debug a mor1k running on a FPGA board?

What's currently implemented and working is the trace, memory loading
components, together with the hardware-supported printf() support
(similar to ARM CoreSight STM, printf()s in software are transmitted to
a host PC through the debug system).

For run-control debugging, including gdb support, we have early patches,
but it's not yet fully working. I didn't have time to work on it lately,
but a colleague of mine will start looking at it next week and pick up
the existing work, so we hope to get it integrated by early April.

If you need it earlier, I can get you access to the current patches, but
as I said, it requires some more work to be usable first.