[Open SoC Debug] Queries Regarding GSoC and Open SoC

Philipp Wagner philipp.wagner at tum.de
Wed Feb 28 17:48:18 CET 2018

On 02/28/2018 02:42 PM, Anant Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting the following error when I m trying to build and run
> verilator simulation of a compute tile. PFA the log file. I have created
> the variables OPTISOC_SOURCE and FUSESOC_CORES and it is still not
> working out. Any advise?

Please have another look at
https://www.optimsoc.org/docs/master/user_guide/develop.html

0) Source the optimsoc-environment.sh file (that's always required when
working with OpTimSoC.)

source your/optimsoc/installation/path/optimsoc-environment.sh

1) Set OPTIMSOC_SOURCE variable (with 'M'!) to your optimsoc source
tree, e.g. if you did the git clone into your home directory
src/optimsoc, then run

export OPTIMSOC_SOURCE=$HOME/src/optimsoc

2) Then run fusesoc to build the simulation:
fusesoc --cores-root $OPTIMSOC_SOURCE/examples sim --build-only
optimsoc:examples:compute_tile_sim

Note that you need to repeat steps 0 and 1 in every new console (or
place these two commands in your ~/.bashrc file).

Does that help?