[Open SoC Debug] CDM: Next Steps

Philipp Wagner philipp.wagner at tum.de
Tue Jun 12 17:18:43 CEST 2018

On 05/28/2018 01:54 PM, Philipp Wagner wrote:
> - On the hardware side most building blocks are there to build up the
>    CDM module. The only missing part is the access to OSD registers which
>    are not 16 bit wide. I've opened
>    https://github.com/opensocdebug/osd-hw/issues/40 for this, and Max is
>    currently looking into it. (Fixing this on our side is most likely
>    more time-efficient since we can use the cocotb-based tests, which
>    only run on VCS currently.)

Max has been working on this and extended the osd_regaccess module in
the osd-hw repository to additionally support 32, 64 and 128 bit
register writes. (PR: https://github.com/opensocdebug/osd-hw/pull/42)
With this building block in place writing the hardware implementation
for the CDM module should not require significant effort any more.