[Open SoC Debug] Queries Regarding GSoC and Open SoC

Anant Sharma anant16129 at iiitd.ac.in
Thu Mar 1 08:09:37 CET 2018

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 12:31 AM, Anant Sharma <anant16129 at iiitd.ac.in>
wrote:

> > Thanks for the log. Please check two things:
> >
> > - Is the optimsoc installation in /opt/optimsoc/2016.1 built from source
> > or downloaded as release? Please make sure that it is built from source
> > and actually the same checkout you're using the examples from (the
> > master branch).
> >
> Yes, I think it wasn't built from source, it was downloaded as a release.
I am sure
> about using the examples from the master branch. I will update you when
done.

After a 2 hour of frustration break, I am back on track and your solution
works. :')

Please bless me with your wisdom and tell me the following:

1. What exactly was the problem when I download optimsoc as release?
2. What changed when I built it as source?
3. How did you know that this could have been a problem?
4. Why was everything working fine during the tutorials if optimsoc wasn't
built properly?

Thanks a lot!

- Anant