Stafford Horne shorne at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:31:48 CEST 2018

On Thu, May 17, 2018, 10:37 PM SHIVAM AGGARWAL <shivam16195 at iiitd.ac.in>
wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for the detailed and informative response for the CDM-OR1K
> specification
> I think it is the perfect time to work on the implementation of Core Debug
> Module.
>
> Few attributes of CDM-OR1K from the spec:
>
>    - Provides a register map for OR1K debug registers: Something similar
>    to one in MAM but less complicated (We have already mapped them in
>    specification)
>    https://github.com/opensocdebug/osd-hw/blob/cc01967f5c685645f4f83510f9710658643b3263/modules/mam/common/osd_mam.sv#L134

Is it possible to not make this specific to or1k. I figure the cdm needs to
just provide.

 1 an interface to read/write registers with an address like memory
 2 stall / resume the CPU
 3 notify debugger of a stall

The mapping and definitions of registers sounds like something target
specific which should be handled in software.

Taking the read/write address And converting it to the or1k register is
done in mor1kx already.

This is also all the advanced debug interface does. See:

https://github.com/pulp-platform/adv_dbg_if/blob/master/doc/AdvancedDebugInterface.pdf

"The OR1ON CPU sub-module is designed to allow a software debugger to access
the internal registers of a CPU, to stall the processor, and to take
control when a
breakpoint occurs in software."

Sorry if I am missing something.

-stafford